10 Year Warranty
All our products meet the highest quality standard, and we are delighted to offer a 10-year warranty on our teddy mattresses. This limited mattress warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights depending on where you live.
1. Who does this teddy mattress 10-year warranty extend to?
Anyone who has purchased the mattress from teddy bed directly. You need to please keep a copy of your order confirmation as proof of purchase. You’ll need this to make a claim, without it we reserve the right to reject any claim under this warranty. If you have purchased a teddy mattress through one of our amazing retail partners, you would need to process the claim through them directly.
It is important to note that the warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser only and is not transferable at resale.
2. What does the 10-year teddy warranty cover?
This warranty covers the defects which are considered “factory fault” in materials and workmanship of a teddy mattress that has always only been in normal domestic use and treated in accordance with our policies.
Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation “sagging” deeper than 30mm if that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation.
Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, if the mattress has not been handled improperly.
Any manufacturing defects in the zipper assembly or fabric of the teddy idream and junior mattress cover. Please note, a defect in respect of the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement teddy idream and junior mattress, just the cover itself.
*Please note that the mattress zipper washable covers carry a 2-year warranty and do not fall part of the mattress 10-year warranty period.
3. What does teddy’s 10-year warranty NOT cover?
Anything not mentioned or falls in line with section (2) ' What does the 10-year teddy warranty cover?', will not be covered.
Please see below list of examples in which you will not be covered (there might be other issues or circumstances too which might result in your warranty not being covered):
- Comfort preference
- A normal increase in the softness of the foams (as all mattresses soften over time) and which does not affect the benefits of a teddy mattress.
- Physical abuse or damage to the mattress which causes defects such as tears, stains, burns, cuts, damage caused by liquids or excessive washing.
- Abnormal use.
- Exposure to cold temperatures for a period that causes the materials to permanently deform.
- Dirt, stains, smells, or bed bug infestations resulting from poor mattress care.
- Mould on the mattress of any kind.
- Any claim made other than for the benefit of the original purchaser, who bought the product directly from teddy bed.
- Replacement of a teddy idream or junior mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress.
- Any mattress (whether manufactured by teddy or not) sold by a reseller who is not an authorised teddy retailer at the time of purchase.
- Any teddy mattress sold “used”, “preconditioned”, “as-is”, “reconditioned”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality” or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
- Teddy will not accept exchanges for another size (if teddy is not at fault upon delivery)
- Damage to the outer cover due to excessive washing (more than once every 3 months) or not following the correct washing instructions.
4. When does the warranty start and end?
Teddy’s 10-year warranty starts on the date of delivery of the mattress (not upon unboxing) and lasts until the end of the 10-year anniversary from the delivery date.
5. What are your responsibilities when claiming your warranty?
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a short-written description and photos of the condition of and problem that you believe represents a defect.
- proof of purchase (for example: your order number or an original dated sales receipt)
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to require photographs, further information or descriptions, or to physically inspect the mattress prior to accepting a particular claim under this Warranty.
If there are shipping costs required to return your teddy mattress, you will not be responsible for those costs.
6. What happens once we receive all the required information from you?
Once we have received your potential claim together with any evidence provided (including the mattress itself in some cases), teddy evaluate, cross-examine, and decide at our sole, reasonable discretion whether your claim is covered by the warranty or not.
If we determine that your mattress is covered, we will repair or replace (as applicable) and deliver your repaired mattress or new teddy mattress back to you. teddy reserves the right to offer you a similar replacement product if your original item has been discontinued. The mattress warranty period does not restart but continues from your original purchase date.
We will only cover the shipping expenses of the first warranty claim.
7. Do I get a refund?
This warranty does not give you the right to get a refund. The warranty only covers repairs, replacements, and upgrades for successful warranty claims.
TEDDYBED AUSTRALIA PTY LTD